Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: b20 supercharged?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member civicb18b's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I own a civic with a JRSC b18b motor that is boosting at 11 lbs (stepper pulley and crv crank pulley).

    Once my motor blows, I am planning on throwing the LS head with the blower on a b20 block. Is this a good idea? Would I be running at 11 psi seeing that the b20 comes with the crv crank pulley (duh)

    I would like to hear you input on the b20 with a JRSC [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 21, 2002 05:43 PM: Message edited by: civicb18b ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2001
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You will definetly have a pressure drop how much I don't know I am not the expert on this but from what little I know if you are using an m45 the blower will probably be too small for that displacement. You said you are running CRV + Stepper pully now I think that combo is already pushing the limit on the safe blower speed of 14000 rpm. It might work though what do I know I could be wrong anyone else.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree that you're pushing that little blower too hard. Mine didn't like even 9psi. I don't agree, however, that a B20 supercharged w/ that blower is a bad idea. Why is that blower too small for that displacement? That B20 block is VERY similar to the LS block. I plan to do the same thing if mine ever takes a crap. I say go for it, just lower the boost a bit. Curious to see dyno sheets of your set up at the different levels of boost though.

    Zach

  4. #4
    Inactive Member civicb18b's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yours didn't like 9 psi? Weird... My car has been running 11 psi for 5 months now with no problems. I had a compression test done three weeks ago and the numbers were 150, 150, 150, 150.

    I was also thinking of selling the blower and just doing an all motor b20 non vtec project seeing that I have most of the pieces to do the swap [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member vactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    why not tune your current setup in such a way so that it doesn't blow??

  6. #6
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by vactor:
    why not tune your current setup in such a way so that it doesn't blow??</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Another great point [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm pushing 172/138 at 6psi on my LS and is tuned well enough w/a VAFC and larger injectors that I'm running stock timing and vacuum disconnected from my FPR. No ping, even now in the summer. But, if for some reason the motor gave up.... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member acuraboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2001
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What time's are you hitting at 11psi? And are you planning on using some R compound tire's?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member civicb18b's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i'm probably using the crappiest all season tires. i am getting 2.2 SPINNING 60 foots. my best is 13.8. I am running a full exhaust and my mph is always around 100.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •